Rafael Nadal Withdraws from AEGON Championships; Wimbledon participation in doubt- Rafael Nadal has pulled out of the AEGON championships at Queen’s Club, due to the wrist injury that forced the Spaniard to leave the French Open in last week. The 14-time grand slam champion said then that he could tear a tendon if he did not rest and hoped to recover in time for Wimbledon, which he has won twice. The grass court AEGON championships start on June 13, with Wimbledon following on 27th June. Nadal has experienced many cruel injuries during his career. His most painful loss to Robin Soderling on Court Philippe Chatrier seven years ago when the agony from his knees was so excruciating that he was unable to play again for another three months.
He is very sad due to his wrist injury means that he cannot play at The Queen’s Club this year, Nadal said this statement on the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) on Wednesday. He also added that this is the tournament and club that he loves the most. He enjoys playing in front of the British people, and he was looking forward to trying to win the title for a second time. Nadal’s career has been plagued by injuries. Due to some knee injury he prevented from defending his Wimbledon title in 2009 and the 2008 Beijing Olympics gold medalist also missed the 2012 London Games.
Angel Ruiz-Cotorro had warned him that he must retire from the tournament he reveres above all others. Today it is the toughest day for Nadal , he is pull out of the tournament that has always been the most important for him. This was the tournament that he loves the most. Since suffering the injury, Nadal has also contested the Italian Open where he lost in the quarter-finals to Novak Djokovic. Now he has two difficult weeks ahead, especially because he won’t be doing what he like doing the most